Linux Self Guided
We run RHEL/CentOS 6 Linux on our high-performance systems.
If you have never used Linux before or have had very limited use, read this useful guide:
If you have learned Linux in the past but want a quick reference to the syntax of commands, then read this:
Singularity containers let users run applications in a Linux environment of their choosing. This is different from Docker which is not appropriate for HPC due to security concerns.
For an overview and more detailed information refer to this location:
Here are some of the use cases we support using Singularity:
- You already use Docker and want to run your jobs on HPC
- You want to preserve your environment so that a system change will not affect your work
- You need newer or different libraries than are offered on HPC systems
- Someone else developed the workflow using a different version of linux
- You prefer to use something other than Red Hat / CentOS, like Ubuntu
Newer code example - Tensorflow