This service is not intended for controlled or regulated research data, such as HIPAA/ePHI, ITAR, or CUI
- The first-year rate is $94.50 per TB, and RII will provide matching funds for first-year allocations to make the actual first-year cost to researchers $47.35. These matching funds will be applied automatically, so in practice you will only see the $47.35 rate.
- The ongoing rate after year one is $47.35 per TB per year.
- If the size of your allocation is modified, you will be billed for the maximum amount of space of reserved during that fiscal year.
- Researchers must provide a KFS account for this service, which will be charged at the end of the academic year (June 2023)
- Your space will be mounted on our data transfer nodes (filexfer.hpc.arizona.edu) as /rental/netid. Rental storage is not mounted on HPC compute nodes.
- You can use Globus to move data that is external to the data center.
- You can use scp, sftp, or Globus to move data to and from HPC resources
Requesting Rental Storage
- Navigate to https://portal.hpc.arizona.edu on your browser. Then choose the Storage tab
- Select Submit Rental Storage Request and fill out the form (you will be asked for your desired allocation size in a follow-up).
- Once your space has been created, you can access it on a filexfer node (hostname: filexfer.hpc.arizona.edu) under /rental/<PI>. You can make transfers to your active HPC storage (/xdisk, /groups, or /home) either by ssh-ing into the filexfer node and using a mv or cp, by running an scp, sftp using the filexfer hostname, or by using the Globus endpoint UA Rental Storage Filesystem.
Resizing Your Allocation
Your rental allocation can be resized through the user portal by navigating to the Storage tab and selecting Modify Rental Quota under the Rental Storage heading.
Checking Your Usage
You can check your allocation's size and current usage either through the user portal or on the command line.
User Portal (PIs Only)
In the user portal, navigate to the Storage tab and select Check Rental Quota from under the Rental Storage tab
From an HPC login node, enter the command
[user@local_machine ~]$$ ssh firstname.lastname@example.org [netid@gatekeeper ~]$ shell (puma) [netid@wentletrap ~]$ uquota used soft limit hard limit /groups/pi 163.4G 500.0G 500.0G /home 13.2G 50.0G 50.0G /rental/pi 11.8G 931.3G 931.3G /xdisk/pi 9.0T 9.9T 9.9T